Terms & Conditions
West Palms Villa, or the owner of the property, offer the short term rental/letting of the Property named on the Rental Agreement (a copy is supplied on booking of your vacation property), to the person of 21 years or over named as the Party Leader and to the named party members (on the Rental Agreement), hereinafter referred to as the Guest, under the terms & conditions set out below.
West Palms Villa will provide a written quotation by email the total rental fee to the Guest for the Property. Quotations are valid for 30 days, unless and until the Property is either booked by a third party, or West Palms Villa receives a deposit for the same dates (or part thereof) from any party. Where the Guest agrees by email, facsimile or other written device to book the Property, West Palms Villa will provide a booking confirmation to the Guest by email. The Guest must pay the requested deposit or payment as defined on the booking confirmation prior to confirmation of the booking. During that period, West Palms Villa reserves the right to accept any booking for the Property from a third party, where said third party agrees to payment prior to receipt of payment from the Guest.
On receipt of the required payment from the Guest, West Palms Villa will issue a booking confirmation by email, facsimile or postal mail to the Guest.
The Guest agrees that payment of the rental deposit sum to West Palms Villa will signify their full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Rental. The Guest further acknowledges that by payment of the final rental sum, the Guest has received copies of, and/or read and accepted these Terms of Conditions of Rental on this web site.
The Guest agrees and acknowledges that West Palms Villa will not release the Property or any service prior to receipt by West Palms Villa of payment in full. Failure of the Guest to pay rental or for any service will result in removal or refusal to supply said service, including, but not limited to provision of accommodation in the Property. Such removal and or refusal will not alter the terms and penalties associated with cancellation.
The Guest agrees to pay the Total Rental Fee as shown on the Rental Agreement within the due dates as set out on the booking confirmation. Final and full payment is due 60 days prior to arrival. In the event of late payment, or failure to pay, West Palms Villa reserves the rights to levy the cancellation penalty percentage charges against any money that the Guest has paid in advance and cancel the booking of the Guest. Where the money paid in advance is insufficient to cover the calculated percentage, West Palms Villa reserves the right to exercise any legal remedies to pursue the amount owed by the Guest.
Where the Guest chooses to amend their booking 30 days or more prior to arrival, resulting in a change in the property size or location, or a change of dates of stay, a $100 Booking Administration Fee will be levied. Where the guest alters the booking resulting in a reduction in the number of nights, West Palms Villa will charge the $100 Booking Administration Fee in addition to the cancellation fee warranted against the number of nights cancelled as described below.
Any changes to existing bookings within 30 days of arrival will normally not be permitted, but will try to accommodate where we can.
West Palms Villa reserves the right to amend rates at any time. Pre-existing reservations, where the Guest has made a payment, will remain at the pre-increase pricing.
The Guest agrees, and West Palms Villa permits the Rental Period to begin and end on the dates shown as the Rental Period (as shown on the Rental Agreement).
Check In (Meet & Greet)
Check in to the Property is after 4:00 pm on the date of arrival. At the sole discretion of West Palms Villa, any Guest arriving to collect keys before that time may be refused. Within 48 hours of arrival at the Property, the Guest agrees to complete the Registration Form and call the phone number on the form to arrange a suitable time for a member of the Sunny Orlando Rental team to visit the property and collect the registration form.
During the Meet and Greet registration a $250.00 security credit card authorisation will be taken, this will not be charged to your card and will only be used if damage to the property is found after departure.
Check out is on the date of departure as shown on the Rental Agreement and Registration Form, at 10:00 am. All keys must be returned to the villa lockbox by 10:00 am on the date of departure. In the event that it is found that the Guest has not departed the Property on the date of departure, at the due time, then the Guest will pay a penalty charge of one days rental., this is to ensure the villa can be cleaned prior to the next guest arrival
Basis of Rental
Properties offered for short-term rental through West Palms Villa are provided on a self-catering basis. West Palms Villa provides complimentary starter soap, toilet paper, and trash bags. Once these items are used, it is the guests responsibility to replenish them.
The Guest agrees that West Palms Villa or the Owner can charge additional fees to cover:
- Early arrival or late departure charges
- Non-return of keys
- Loss or breakage of inventory items
- Damage to the Property or its equipment
- Unauthorised Pets
Where loss or damage to the Property, the inventory, or equipment exceeds $250, West Palms Villa or the Owner will bill the Guest for the shortfall, and the Guest agrees to pay within 14 days. In the event that the Guest fails to pay any such shortfall, West Palms Villa reserves the right to exercise any legal remedies to pursue the amount owed from the Guest. Where West Palms Villa finds damage or loss to the Property following the Guests departure that, in the view of West Palms Villa, constitutes malicious or wanton damage, West Palms Villa reserves the right to notify law enforcement authorities and prosecute, in addition to billing the Guest for the full amount of repair or replacement, and the Guest agrees to pay within 14 days.
Pets are not permitted in the Property. Guests with pets are advised to place their pet at another facility. West Palms Villa nor the Owner of the Property can be held liable for any loss or injury to a pet while staying at the Property, or for any action taken against the pet or pet owner by third parties. In the event that the Guest brings a pet to the Property, West Palms Villa may elect to evict the Guest from the Property with loss of all rental money paid and/or levy a charge of at least $100 per bedroom per week to the credit card of the Guest, to pay for additional sanitation and cleaning on the departure of the Guest and pet.
The Guest may cancel their booking at any time up to or during the Rental Period in writing. In the event that the Guest exercises their right to cancel, West Palms Villa will levy the following cancellation penalty percentage rates of the Total Rental Fee including deposit:
- From initial date of booking up to 60 days prior to the arrival date Return of Deposit
- Between 30 and 60 days prior to the arrival date 50%
- Between 14 and 30 days prior to the arrival date 75%
- Less than 14 days prior to the arrival date 100%
West Palms Villa regrets that it is unable to waive any of the cancellation charges above, whatever the circumstances. West Palms Villa recommends that all guests take out adequate cancellation or vacation insurance either through their insurance broker or travel agent.
West Palms Villa agrees to a Service Level for the remedy of any problems found at the Property, either on arrival of the Guest, or during the Rental Period, as follows. West Palms Villa agrees to provide a maximum 4-hour response to remedy problems that, at the sole discretion of West Palms Villa, constitute emergencies, which would affect the safety of the Guest. Any problems arising during the Rental Period at the Property that do not constitute an emergency as determined by West Palms Villa will be remedied during or after the Rental Period, based on the severity of the problem, at the sole discretion of West Palms Villa.
West Palms Villa makes all reasonable efforts to maintain each property and its equipment in good working order. Wherever commercially possible, repairs are performed within 24 hours, but sometimes delays are inevitable. No refunds are granted for malfunctioning mechanical or electrical equipment including (but not limited to): inoperable appliances, air-conditioning units, pools and/or spas. No refunds will be given for unfavorable weather, early departure, utility service interruption, construction, or maintenance issues. Additionally, there are no refunds for faulty recording or playback equipment, TVs, audio, telecoms, cable reception, computer equipment or internet access.
Limitation of Liability
West Palms Villa makes all reasonable efforts to provide advice and safety information. This information can be found in the Guest Welcome Pack at the Property. It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure that they have read and understood the contents and advice given following arrival at the Property. West Palms Villa is willing to provide any and all further information pertaining to the Property providing the Guest has first read the Guest welcome Pack. In addition,West Palms Villa states the following:
- West Palms Villa and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and or services in the Property. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify West Palms Villa within one working day such that West Palms Villa may elect to effect a remedy to the failure.
- West Palms Villa and/or the Owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the Rental Period. West Palms Villa provide information and advice in the Home-Pack to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise of security, even where the Guest make use of any advice given by West Palms Villa or its representatives. In the event that property of the Guest is lost or stolen, the Guest should advise the appropriate authority first, and then ,West Palms Villa of the lost or stolen items. West Palms Villa will either make good and secure the Property, or will transfer the Guest to another Property, where the original cannot be secured, and this will be the extent of its liability to the Guest under such circumstances.
- West Palms Villa or its representatives may enter the Property at any time, without notice, for the purposes of protection and/or maintenance of the Property. Wherever possible,West Palms Villa will provide notice to the Guest prior to such entrance.
- West Palms Villa and/or the Owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the Rental Period. The Guest must ensure that they have adequate insurance cover. West Palms Villa provide information and advice in the Guest Welcome Pack to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise implied.
- The Guest must ensure that Children are supervised at all times. It is the policy of West Palms Villa that all Children under the age of 18 years are not left in rental accommodation un-supervised during the rental period.
- West Palms Villa and/or the Owner do not accept any liability for the acts or omissions of any agent. These include but are not limited to, airlines, car-hire companies, travel agents, ticket agents, homeowners, or utility providers.
- West Palms Villa and/or the Owner do not accept liability for failure of pool heat to provide adequate heating where pool heat is provided via an electrical heat pump, and where the outside air temperature drops below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Electric heating pumps do not operate effectively below this temperature, and failure of such devices to heat the pool is outside of West Palms Villa control, and is regarded as an act of nature (see below). In most cases your pool will warm to a daytime temperature of between 70 and 80 degrees.
- West Palms Villa and/or the Owner do not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other Force Majeure that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest.
- West Palms Villa does not accept liability for removal of the Property from the marketplace, or transfer of the Property to another company by the Owner that results in the Property becoming unavailable for the Rental Period. Wherever such an event occurs, West Palms Villa will offer the Guest a suitable alternative accommodation of equal or better quality, subject to availability. In the event that the Guest refuses the offered alternate property, then the Guest may cancel the booking, andWest Palms Villa will refund the Total Rental Fee, less the applicable cancellation penalty percentage rate (shown above).
- Where the Property is booked by the Guest and is subject to a construction discount, which will be clearly notified on the quotation, or on the booking confirmation to the guest, the discount is the sole compensation offered to the Guest for any inconvenience caused by protracted construction, i.e., that which continues for greater than a 4 week period, within 150 feet of the Property.
Personal Travel Insurance
We strongly recommend that you arrange adequate travel insurance cover for you and your party from the time of booking. Remember to take your insurance schedule with you.
Guest Acceptance of Rental Agreement
Any payment made to West Palms VillaWest Palms Villa for the deposit, part payment or full payment towards the rental of the agreed property will be acknowledged that the Guest accepts all the Terms & Conditions that are detailed above.